· Smithy Bridge Primary School is a happy, vibrant and creative school and our children are central to all that we do.
· Within our nurturing and stimulating environment, we encourage our children to be confident, aim high and be happy in all aspects of school life.
· We ensure our children feel valued, listened to and empowered to take an active role throughout their learning journey.
· We believe that all members of our school community should be respectful of each other at all times, and should celebrate their similarities and differences to ensure a safe and harmonious environment.
· Everyone will develop their understanding of good health and healthy lifestyles; physical and psychological, so that healthy and informed choices can be made, both now and in the future.
· We are proud to be part of a wider community who work collaboratively for the good of our children
· We endeavour to prepare our children academically, socially and emotionally for their future lives beyond our school.
· To provide a safe, happy and relaxed environment which reflects an atmosphere of love, care and an eagerness to learn, where our children can work collaboratively and develop independence.
· To promote a sense of aspiration and high expectation for children and adults within our school community.
· To help our children understand the world in which they live.
· To help our children enjoy their particular stage of development and to prepare them for the next stage in their school career.
· To develop self-respect and respect for the differences of others, be they of race, gender or opinion.
· To promote good health and healthy choices as well as enable everyone to be aware of their own, and others’ mental health and well-being.
· To help our children appreciate achievement and aspirations.
· To develop physical ability and co-ordination, attitude of fair play, and a concern for the safety of themselves and others.
· To enable our children to acquire knowledge and skills relevant to adult life.
· To strive for excellence in all we do.
· Only the best is good enough for our children here at Smithy Bridge Primary School and the community which we serve.
· We have high expectations for each individual learner
· The needs of our children are central to our planning
· We aim to provide a curriculum which is exciting, enriched and empowers our children with the skills and knowledge necessary to be successful in modern Britain.
· Regardless of ability, we want our children to be excited about learning and to be leaders of their own learning.
· We have a positive ‘can do’ culture which embraces change, values staff and supports innovative thinking and classroom excellence.
· More-able and SEND children will be recognised, valued and challenged accordingly.
· Our pupils will only do their best if we actively encourage participation by parents and carers as co-educators.
· Close and effective collaboration with outside agencies and further members of our community will be a key feature of Smithy Bridge Primary School.
· Through a thorough cycle of monitoring and review, we want to constantly strive for improvement within a safe and happy environment, ensuring the best possible outcomes for all pupils and a lifetime of wonderful memories.