Royal Albert Hall – 05/11/18

A fantastic opportunity and privilege to play at the Royal Albert Hall. The children behaved impeccably and we have received nothing but praise for their behaviour and ability! A real credit to the school, well done to all involved!

Reviews

“I just wanted to congratulate you. I came to the Albert Hall last night to see my daughter who was in one of the other groups and I was completely blown away by your performance. You were all complete stars, professional, musical and so entertaining and charismatic – you had the audience in the palm of your hands, but you probably knew that when we were all clapping along.

I’ve seen a fair number of primary school musical performances in my time (I’ve got 2 daughters) but I don’t believe I’ve seen any as good as that. Well done, I hope you are all extremely proud of yourselves”

“I was at the concert in the Albert Hall last night and I just have to let you know that the Smithy Bridge School Brass Band was outstanding – the best item on the programme. It’s not often I hear such “together” playing, even from an adult band, and when I realised they were junior school kids I could hardly believe my ears. It takes a skilled and determined director to keep a band in such good time, and this lot were spot on. Congratulations all round on a job well done.

By the way, I’m not connected to Smithy Bridge School in any way; I was at the RAH to see my granddaughter who’s with a school in Poole”